Basketball Training … Let your game speak for itself
… without words. Let your play do all the talking. Practice hard. Play hard and leave it all on the court. All that’s required of you at this very moment is PASSION.
What type of basketball player are you? What type of player do you want to become? What do you hope to accomplish through basketball training?
Answer these three questions and you’ll be on your way. Remember, the skills, the style, and the manner in which you play, is a reflection and expression of who you are.
Everyone loves scoring. Offense is fun; it gets people excited. But there’s more to basketball than just making shots. You can score all the points in the world, but if you can’t stop anybody from scoring, what’s the point?
So, what separates the average/mediocre player from the outstanding player? EFFORT. Bet you didn’t expect that one!
For example, playing good defense is usually a result of a good consistent EFFORT. If you did nothing else in the game, but played solid defense on your opponent, you HELPED your team.
Great players are skilled as a result of PRACTICE. And guess what? Practicing hard is an offspring of a solid effort. There isn’t a magic trick or formula, just good ‘ole hard work. So take basketball training and add the effort through practice. Wait, there's more.
If you practice each and every day riding a bike with your head down, you’re in for a world of pain. Practice is only effective if it’s done the right way, with proper TECHNIQUE.
One of my favorite quotes from Michael Jordan.
“You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.”
Thank you very much for saying that Michael. Pure genius. *applause*
Practicing hard and practicing right in basketball training is as important as putting your pants on one leg at a time. Okay that was corny, but you get the idea.
Let’s get started… Welcome to the Basketball Training Grounds.
- Basketball Training Blog
- The Basketball Training Blog keeps you up-to-date with all the additions and changes to BasketballTrainingGrounds.com. Subscribe here.
- How to play basketball: The 5 Elements of Basketball
- The fundamental keys on how to play basketball, superhuman abilities not required...
- How to shoot a basketball
- Step by step on how to shoot a basketball and develop the perfect basketball shot
- Basketball Dribbling
- soon as you step near a court, you hear that basketball dribbling; learning to dribble is learning how to walk in basketball
- Basketball Passing
- The school of basketball passing, move the ball around, find an open teammate
- Rebounding... born from a missed shot
- Shots will be missed, rebounding will persist...
- Basketball Defense: Nobody gets by... NOBODY!
- Playing Basketball Defense often takes a backseat to scoring baskets, scoring wins fans, defense wins games
- Basketball Offense
- The key to a good basketball offense is the proper technique and mindset
- Basketball Drills
- Basketball Drills: train hard and the game comes easy
- Basketball Tips
- basketball tips, techniques, and tools to polish your game
- Basketball Positions Defined One by One
- There are 5 players on the court for each team.. how do these basketball positions differ and what are their roles?
- Basketball Terms often heard not always Understood
- Basketball terms, lingo, and slang can get confusing, good thing you're here...
- Basketball Quotes
- basketball quotes and inspiration to give you that extra push when you need it
- Basketball Games
- basketball games, fun variations to shake things up and work on some skills while you're at it
- Contact Me
- Leave Feedback, Suggestions, and anything else you'd like to say
- Basketball Practice
- basketball practice, its in the gym, roll up your sleeves time
- Basketball Links
- Some basketball sites to check out
- Contribute to Basketball Training
- Would you like to share your knowledge about basketball training? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.